"The hearing aid was only as good as the fitting and subsequent adjustments, which had to be made by a skilled person with an inordinate sense of patience."
The best hearing aids are the ones you are comfortable wearing all day and every day, and help you communicate effectively not only in quiet environments, but in more challenging social situations as well. Hearing aids come in a wide variety of discreet styles and are selected individually for each unique patient. Hearing aids are not simply "amplifiers." They are essentially very small computers that are constantly adapting to your environment and helping you to hear best in a variety of challenging listening environments. Today's hearing aids even have seamless connectivity to other devices such as cell phones and TVs.
At your appointment, we wil discuss all options with you, and decide which hearing aid style, manufacturer, and model will help you hear best, will be most comfortable to wear, and will be the easiest for you to use. It takes time to acclimate to amplification, and we are here to help you every step of the way. We are proud to be Doctors of Audiology who work in a private practice where we have the luxury of long and frequent appointments to help our patients hear their very best!
- Hearing aids are designed to make speech intelligible in most listening situations for people who have a hearing loss. Hearing aids may also improve hearing in other listening situations, such as while enjoying or playing music.
- ALL ears and most hearing losses differ.
- ALL hearing aids need to be fitted for the specific individual.
- There are different acoustic prescriptions for different hearing losses. There is NOT one hearing aid for all hearing problems.
- There is not "ONE BEST" hearing aid out there. Unlike a car, you unfortunately can't Google "Top 10 Hearing Aids" and choose your hearing devices this way! However, there is a best hearing aid for you or your loved one, and we are committed to helping you easily navigate what often seems like a overwhelming hearing aid marketplace and help you make the best decision for YOU.
- ALL hearing aids REQUIRE adaptation (acclimatization). It take time to "get used to" hearing through hearing aids.
- Hearing aids will not completely solve your hearing problems in ALL listening situations, nor will they completely restore your hearing to the same levels as when you had "perfect hearing." However, hearing aid technology is improving rapidly, and can greatly improve your quality of life, keeping you connected with your family, friends, and co-workers.
We have been serving the hearing impaired in Sussex County and the surrounding areas for over 30 years.
Styles of Hearing Aids
Hearing aids are available in many different sizes and styles thanks to advancements in digital technology and miniaturization of the internal components. Many of today's hearing aids are considered sleek, compact, and innovative - offering solutions to a wide range of hearing aid wearers.
Various hearing aid styles we offer:
- Invisible in-the-Canal (IIC)
- Completely-in-the-Canal (CIC)
- In-the-Canal (ITC)
- Full Shell or In-the-Ear (ITE)
- Behind-the-Ear (BTE)
- Mini BTE with slim tube and tip
- Receiver-in-the-ear (RITE)
- BTE with earmolds
- Earplugs and Earmolds for Hunting
- Earplugs and Earmolds for Music
- Earplugs and Earmolds for Swimming
- DefendEar 1
- DefendEar 2
- DefendEar Hunter
Hearing Aid Products and Accessories by Manufacturer
Oticon was founded on a compassion for people — and a deep understanding of the role that hearing plays in living a richer and fuller life. People First is our promise to empower people to communicate freely, interact naturally and participate actively.
At Widex, we combine years of understanding with a natural curiosity in finding solutions to individual hearing loss. Our uncompromising approach to innovation has led to such advances as the world’s first fully digital in-the-ear hearing aid, as well as our own revolutionary wireless technology.
Starkey Hearing Technologies is much more than the hearing aids we produce. We are in the business of connecting people and changing lives. We believe being able to hear the world and the people around us is as essential to the human experience as breathing.
Signia/Siemens offers a broad range of hearing aids for every lifestyle and all configurations of hearing loss—including completely invisible, waterproof, and rechargeable hearing aids. Signia/Siemens also has a complete line of wireless accessories that connect hearing aids wirelessly to mobile phones, TVs, MP3 players, and other audio devices.
Phonak's goal is to improve the quality of life of people with hearing loss. Phonak is the innovative force in hearing acoustics. With our creative solutions, we strive to overcome technological limitations - so that all people are able to hear, understand and fully enjoy life's rich landscapes of sound.
For our hearing healthcare professional partners, we deliver an exceptional customer experience based on renowned personal service. For their patients, we create products that make a real difference in people’s lives.
Bluetooth Hearing Aids
Developers of hearing aids are always looking for new and improved ways of making hearing aids better and more useful in people's lives. Bluetooth technology is being used to make it easier for hearing aid users to connect their hearing aids to various devices for improved sound quality directly from the sound source.
Rechargeable Hearing Aids
Check out our rechargeable hearing aids that feature high-quality noise reduction at a price that fits your budget!